Like so many, we rang in the 2011 with a little bubbly. But you don’t have to pop a cork to enjoy champagne this year.
- I don’t think I’ve ever drunk champagne before breakfast before. With breakfast on several occasions, but never before. ~Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- A Time for Toasts dress from ModCloth
- Vintage Lace from Crystal Clover
- Scandall shoe by Steve Madden
- Hip Hop Champagne Truffles by Vosages
- Beautiful Accents shown on Green Wedding Shoes
We have pretty traditional Christmas decorations at our house. Much of it was passed down or purchased to look like the holidays we remember as a kids. We like it that way. I have good memories of lying side by side with my sister with our heads under the tree looking up at the lights.
But I have a streak of weirdness in me that can’t help but love looking at unique trees.
- This tree is reportedly from the University of Aalborg Library in Denmark. The book nerd in me loves it.
- Sometimes when it’s been gray and cold long enough, a little tropical daydreaming is exactly what you need. Amazon can help you get your piece of paradise by the palm tree light.
- As the ad at Treetopia states, “If it’s good enough for Molly Ringwald…”
- Jane Schouten is an amazing artist. She made this “tree” from found objects. What a beautiful mind to make such a thing.
- I do not understand why people like upside down Christmas trees, but they are everywhere, including the Christmas Tree Market. To each his own, I suppose.
Whatever kind of tree you have in your home, I wish you a Merry Christmas to you and yours.
One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is hot chocolate with peppermint and marshmallows. This tasty flavor combo never gets old to me. It’s so exciting to find new takes on a classic treat.
- A friend Jerusalem Greer threw a party with a hot chocolate bar. Tasty!
- When I was a kid, I would have given my right arm and possibly my left too for some marshmallow pops like these from the wicked noodle.
- I can’t help myself. Food made into people, animals or in the case, a snowman, cracks me up. Kraft has all sorts of silly holiday suggestions like this to do with your kids.
- I just can’t resist the pretty of how the Elegant Gourmet does candy canes.
- Real Mom Kitchen has even more suggestions for how to set up your own hot chocolate bar.
This spring, I bought a yellow dress. The color spoke to me. It was bright, cheery and hopeful.
The leaves are turning. Fall has finally reached us. I can’t help myself; the color still speaks to me.
It will get mixed in the rest of the season with orange and red, which can be very nice. But the color of sunshine can still stand on its own and give your day a little pop.
- An understated cupcake garland shown at Dog N’ Bird can dress up a casual wedding.
- Katie Grace Designs shows how You Are My Sunshine makes a bright birthday party theme.
- A search of flea markets or antique stores will score some old metal patio chairs to be repainted, or Lowe’s is selling some vintage looks. No sandblaster required.
- How much do I love how yellow beauty shown at Three Men and a Lady brightens this room year round with pure happiness?
A friend asked for ideas for her daughter’s first birthday. She wants to do an owl theme. It didn’t take long to find tons of adorable ideas. Now I can’t stop thinking about owls.
- How cute are these smores from Living Locurto?
- These cupcakes from Kara’s Party Ideas are a Hoot!
- I’m a sucker for a great party favor.
- Lu Bird Baby gets the party right with an Owl Post.
- My Delightful Designs proves Babies are a Hoot-iful!