For several months, we’ve had naked window in the breakfast area next to a table and chairs so stained, they desperately needed to be recovered. I had a streak of bravery or psychosis, however you want to look at it, and decided to recover the chairs and make curtains.
When I started removing layers of fabric on the chairs, I found some particularly poor previous choices, like this one.
- Of course, none of my choices were as bad as the original fabric on the chairs.
Luckily, a simple staple gun and new fabric can improve even the ugliest of chairs.
I hadn't used a sewing machine since 8th grade Home Economics. Let's just say the bobbin and I are not on speaking terms.
Fortunately, cafe curtains are essentially sewing a long hem. They turned out not nearly as terrible as I feared.
This entry was posted in Stuff I Made
. Bookmark the permalink