When a friend was expecting her second baby, she wasn’t comfortable with a traditional shower. However, her friends still wanted to celebrate. We compromised with a books and movies shower with the theme: A Star is Born! Everyone had a great time, and Mom got lots of entertainment for both kids.
- Invitations: The invitations from Special Event Ticketing were printed as event tickets instructing guests to bring their favorite children’s books or movies.
- Decor: A local movie rental store gave us movie posters they were about to throw out. We used kid friendly ones, like Ramona and Beezus.
- Decor: Guests entered on red carpet from PartyCheap.
- Food: We served movie candy and popcorn.
- Favors: With all this glitz and glamor, guests needed star-shaped sunglasses from Oriental Trading Company.